Moringa Leaf Powder
- Moringa or Moringa Oleifera is also known as the ‘drumstick tree’ which has a variety of nutritional benefits. The name moringa may have been derived from the word ‘Murungai’ which means ‘twisted pod’ in the Tamil language.
- Moringa is native to India, but is also grown in different parts of the world and is also known by a host of different names. Various parts of the plant including the roots, leaves, barks, flowers, fruits and seeds are used to make medicines.
- Although moringa has recently become all the rage when it comes to substances that are vital for holistic and organic health, not many people have heard of this herb. It has been in use for thousands of years and also goes by the name ben oil tree.
- The National Institute of Health even called this tree “Plant of the Year” way back in 2008 because it has many health benefits for your body. It is used all over the world to treat many illnesses and is mainly known for the fact that it is extremely good at healing.
- There are a large number of nutrients and vitamins present in moringa that are beneficial. The vitamins which are present in moringa plant are Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B6, folates and ascorbic acid.
- The nutrition content list of moringa includes calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, phosphorus and zincare the essential minerals which are present in this plant. It also contains essential amino acids which help in the production of protein in our body.
Benefits of Moringa Leaf Powder:
- It has extremely powerful antioxidant properties and can protect your body from various problems such as chronic diseases, eye related problems, lung disorders, stomach, colon, and lung cancer, hypertension, and diabetes.
- It is known for having great anti-inflammatory properties due to which is considered just as effective as any store-bought drug that you might use.
- Moringa leaf powder balances out your hormones, which is particularly beneficial for women who have just been through menopause. As it is a good source of estrogen, it can also keep you looking young for much longer and fights the effects of ageing and oxidative stress. It improves the overall digestive health and also detoxifies the entire body.
- As a result, it is good for prevent kidney stones, dealing with constipation, and ensuring that your blood remains purified and free of any toxins that might harm your system.
- It is good for patients with diabetes as it can help regulate the level of sugar in the blood.
- It is an extremely effective mood stabilizer as well and promotes the secretion of serotonin.
- It is really good for your skin and can help prevent acne, dandruff, and skin infections that can be bacterial or fungal.
- It can also help you fight against allergies and asthma, deal with chronic headaches, and is a good remedy for anemia and epilepsy.
- In addition to its health benefits, moringa plant has a host of other uses as well. Moringa can be used as an aphrodisiac and it also has proved to increase milk production in new mothers.
- The oil in moringa seeds can be used in foods, perfumes, hair care products and also as machine lubricant. Moringa, when applied directly to the skin, helps to kill germs and to dry wounds. It can also be used topically to cure infections, athlete’s foot, dandruff, gum disease, snake bite warts and wounds.
- The leaves, bark, fruits and roots of moringa are edible and they are consumed widely in India and parts of Africa. Moringa extracts also possess anti-cyanobacterial qualities and they help to purify water.moringa leaf powder