Ten reasons why students are choosing Sona Medical College of Naturopathy and Yoga over others!
Realizing that the world needs the healing touch of nature more than ever before, the Sona Group,
- one of India’s most trusted and reputed brands in the field of education for over a century has now come up with a Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS) college under the able guidance of Dr. Madan Kumar.S.
- Recognized by the Ministry of Ayush, Government of India and affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai, the Sona Medical College of Naturopathy and Yoga is among the best Naturopathy colleges in the country that have the facilities that can enable its highly qualified staff to train students in all systems of INDIAN MEDICINE such as Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy.
- In short, a student studying in this state-of-the-art facility of Sona will be able to acquire in-depth knowledge in all disciplines of Indian medicine.
- In recent times, the preference for joining a Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences course has registered a considerable rise among students as completing such a course can now open up a wide range of employment opportunities. For instance, a student who has completed this course can either be employed as a Medical Officer, a Sports Medicine Specialist, a Yoga Instructor, or even become an Entrepreneur developing his or her own Herbal Products.
- The college, which is spacious and boasts of luxurious facilities, will also house a well-equipped, 100-bed multispecialty Naturopathy hospital.
- Interestingly, Sona Naturopathy and Yoga College of Naturopathy &Yoga is also the first Naturopathy College to have a ‘tie-up’ with multi-specialty allopathic hospitals in and around Salem. The tie-up will provide students studying at Sona exposure to various medical practices and give them a definitive edge over students pursuing Naturopathy courses in other colleges.
- Located in the scenic surroundings of Salem, the college has a calm, peaceful environment surrounded by greenery, ideal for teaching, learning and healing.
- The eco-friendly green campus has safe, secure and comfortable hostel facilities for both boys and girls with ‘Wi-Fi’ facilities.
- That’s not all! Sona is also one of the few colleges in India to involve students in research activities, right from their ‘first year’ of study. The college also has a ‘digital library’ that has ‘Apple iMac Systems’. It is among the first in India to provide its students access to its Apple iMac systems.
- Like in all other Sona facilities, pure, fresh vegetarian food made with ‘organic farm’ fresh vegetables will be served to students during their course of study at the college.
No wonder then that they say that ‘learning becomes a celebration’ when you are at Sona Medical College of Naturopathy and Yoga.
Profile of Doctors teaching at Sona Medical College:
1. Dr. S. Madankumar, BNYS, MD, MBA – HM, M.Sc. Psychology
Designation: Principal & Prof. Head of Department – Bio Chemistry
Expert in clinical research in the field of Naturopathy and yoga and has 12 years of academic and clinical experience
2. Dr. M. Kalpanadevi , BNYS,MD, MBA HRM., & MSc Psychology
Designation: Professor – Physiology
Has 12 years of academic and clinical experience
Also working as visiting faculty for the Acupuncture fellowship program at National Institute of Naturopathy, Pune.
Expertise in TCM Acupuncture and Pulse Diagnosis
3. Dr.K.S.Sarathi BNYS.,
Specialist: specialized in pain management and life style disorders.
4. Dr.Karthikeyan BNYS.,
Speciality: Wide experience in med spa and clinical resort in heritage medicine.
5. Dr.Ragothaman BNYS, MD,
Designation: Assistant Professor
Speciality: Experienced in handling Stress, Respiratory diseases and Pain Management cases. Wide experience in Resorts, Yoga training skills.